Legal English: Peter’s Pills – Lesson 2 – Deed poll

Legal English for Notaries - By Federnotizie

Deed poll



Today we look at “deed poll”.

Changing your name in most common law countries is very frequent, really easy and even minors can change their names themselves from the age of 16 without parents’ consent.

In the UK the instrument that is used to change name is called a deed poll.

There are two types of deed poll, namely (vale a dire) an unenrolled deed poll (non registrato) and an enrolled deed poll (registrato).

Continua a leggere →